Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Ubuntu universe
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 19:57:12 +0200
Am Montag, 26. April 2010 18:19:47 schrieb Pau Garcia i Quiles:
Packages with may pose legal trouble are in *multiverse* not in
universe.

no, I found enough illegal packages in universe. Stuff which contains
codec
code and friends.

Adrian, please provide some examples.

for example all the ffmpeg packages, but one need to look in each source
package
for to find more.

ffmpeg is available in Debian Lenny in OBS. I just built a package
(zoomer) with a fake build-dependency on ffmpeg for Lenny and it built
fine, which means ffmpeg is available.

Do you mean ffmpeg fine if in Debian but not if in Ubuntu? Given that
they come from the very same source tarball (Ubuntu packages are
mostly unmodified Debian's), that looks surprising to me.

no it is not.

it seems we did not filter Debian properly enough.

Thank you for this notice, I am removing the packages now.

bye
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH