Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Ubuntu universe
  • From: Marcus Rueckert <darix@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 19:21:17 +0200
On 2010-04-26 19:13:58 +0200, Pau Garcia i Quiles wrote:
ABI is never broken in a release. Updates are always binary-compatible.

That is the theory. In reality ... this is not always the case.
I just had to do a bugfix in lighttpd because the openssl security
update, changed how the error code had to be checked.

- repositories with rolling releases.

I don't know what you mean. Please explain.

rolling releases are projects which have no real freeze. they are
constantly updating, also version updates.

darix

--
openSUSE - SUSE Linux is my linux
openSUSE is good for you