Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Project classifications
  • From: Pavol Rusnak <prusnak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 15:41:56 +0200
On 04/23/2010 01:24 PM, Adrian Schröter wrote:
Am Freitag, 23. April 2010 13:00:09 schrieb Dominique Leuenberger:
On 4/23/2010 at 10:53, Adrian Schröter<adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:

STABLE -- project is considered to be ready to use for End-Users
TESTING -- project should work from point of developer view, but needs
verification
DEVELOPMENT -- project is random state, it might work.
BROKEN -- project is known to be not working atm.

Am I right in assuming that BROKEN is a state that would never be shown on
the search results?
I would maybe favor a different name, like INTERNALUSE or whatever (or
having this as an additional state).

Why? I'd like to have my 'playgrounds' tagged in a way to be sure users are
not getting there in any way until instructed to do so. I'm not willing
to get any bugreports for any such repository. so excluding it intentionally
from the search result is a good thing, tagging it as 'BROKEN' would not
be the right 'word' for it (internal testing).

k, makes sense to me. But I would just name it "INTERNAL" or "PRIVATE" .

"INTERNAL" or "PRIVATE" is fine, but I would stick home:* projects to
this state without any option to override this. It would encourage
contributions to devel projects and using home:* project as install repo
is not good anyway.

bye
adrian

--
Best Regards / S pozdravom,

Pavol RUSNAK SUSE LINUX, s.r.o
openSUSE Boosters Team Lihovarska 1060/12
PGP 0xA6917144 19000 Praha 9, CR
prusnak[at]suse.cz http://www.suse.cz