Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Ubuntu universe
  • From: Alexey Eremenko <al4321@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 12:53:57 +0200
On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 12:46 PM, Marcus Rueckert <darix@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2010-04-26 12:18:39 +0200, Will Stephenson wrote:
Could we create a whitelist of packages needed to build other things by
request, and import that subset of universe?

the more important issue ... find a maintainer for that task.
He would need to watch the repositories for important changes and import
those.

I think that is the biggest issue for adrian. no time for the continous
job of monitoring the other distros.

someone out there who wants to take the job?

I think a better idea would be to remove legal liability from Novell.

That is import _all_ the packages from all distros to openSUSE
project. So if any issues should arise Novell will not be responsible
anyway.

--
-Alexey Eromenko "Technologov"