Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Project classifications
  • From: Robert Schweikert <rschweikert@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 07:23:30 -0400

On 04/23/2010 07:00 AM, Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
On 4/23/2010 at 10:53, Adrian Schröter<adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:

STABLE -- project is considered to be ready to use for End-Users
TESTING -- project should work from point of developer view, but needs
verification
DEVELOPMENT -- project is random state, it might work.
BROKEN -- project is known to be not working atm.

Am I right in assuming that BROKEN is a state that would never be shown on
the search results?
I would maybe favor a different name, like INTERNALUSE or whatever (or having
this as an additional state).

I think PRIVATE would be a bit more obvious for this use case.
INTERNALUSE would imply this is internal to some organization, but obs
by definition is open and external to Novell and any other organization.

Robert

Why? I'd like to have my 'playgrounds' tagged in a way to be sure users are
not getting there in any way until instructed to do so. I'm not willing
to get any bugreports for any such repository. so excluding it intentionally
from the search result is a good thing, tagging it as 'BROKEN' would not
be the right 'word' for it (internal testing).

I hope anybody can make any sense of that scribble :)

Dominique

Software Engineer Consultant LINUX
rschweikert@xxxxxxxxxx
781-464-8147