Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Project classifications
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 13:00:09 +0200
On 4/23/2010 at 10:53, Adrian Schröter<adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:

STABLE -- project is considered to be ready to use for End-Users
TESTING -- project should work from point of developer view, but needs
verification
DEVELOPMENT -- project is random state, it might work.
BROKEN -- project is known to be not working atm.

Am I right in assuming that BROKEN is a state that would never be shown on the
search results?
I would maybe favor a different name, like INTERNALUSE or whatever (or having
this as an additional state).

Why? I'd like to have my 'playgrounds' tagged in a way to be sure users are not
getting there in any way until instructed to do so. I'm not willing
to get any bugreports for any such repository. so excluding it intentionally
from the search result is a good thing, tagging it as 'BROKEN' would not
be the right 'word' for it (internal testing).

I hope anybody can make any sense of that scribble :)

Dominique