Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Project classifications
  • From: Lars Müller <lmuelle@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 12:37:37 +0200
On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 10:53:16AM +0200, Adrian Schröter wrote:
[ 8< ]
This is currently suggested in this fate request :

https://features.opensuse.org/306232

as

STABLE -- project is considered to be ready to use for End-Users
TESTING -- project should work from point of developer view, but needs
verification
DEVELOPMENT -- project is random state, it might work.
BROKEN -- project is known to be not working atm.

In general I like the approach. In particular as we use the same names
STABLE and TESTING already for our Samba repositories.

I'm not sure if the states DEVELOPMENT and BROKEN are required.

More opportunities might make it more and unwanted complex.

Here I have the Keep It Simple Stupid approach in mind.

[ 8< ]
I would like to hear some feedback about the suggested states. Are
they understandable and do they make sense ?

In general this is good and your suggestion makes sense to me.

We had a log discussion how to name our branches. And as native
speakers had been part of the disusssion it's very likely that more
people are able to follow the names.

Lars
--
Lars Müller [ˈlaː(r)z ˈmʏlɐ]