[opensuse-buildservice] Project classifications
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 10:53:16 +0200

Hi,

the openSUSE booster teams has started to improve the

http://software.opensuse.org/search

interface. One important thing is to improve the search
results. It is important from our POV that the project
owner can classify the purpose of his project.

This is currently suggested in this fate request :

https://features.opensuse.org/306232

as

STABLE -- project is considered to be ready to use for End-Users
TESTING -- project should work from point of developer view, but needs
verification
DEVELOPMENT -- project is random state, it might work.
BROKEN -- project is known to be not working atm.

The default value would be "DEVELOPMENT", which is also used
when someone creates a new branch of a package by default.

by default the software search would just show "STABLE"
projects in their results. If no result can be found, the search
will offer to search also for the unstable versions.

Project owners can set this state in their project at any time.

I would like to hear some feedback about the suggested states. Are
they understandable and do they make sense ?

thank you
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH