Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: [opensuse] Re: Zypper data probably corrupted, how to re-create?
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 09:34:39 +0200
Am Mittwoch, 21. April 2010 23:12:07 schrieb Hans-Peter Jansen:
On Wednesday 21 April 2010, 10:48:50 Michael Schroeder wrote:
On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 11:07:59PM +0200, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
History:
- 'repo2solv.sh' '-o' '/var/cache/zypp/solv/KDE_KDE3/solv'
'/var/cache/zypp/raw/KDE_KDE3' Unknown checksum type: 8: sha256

Oops, we updated the createrepo package on the build service host
to use some new features, and now all of the repos use sha256 checksums
instead of sha1. Unfortunatelly libzypp in 11.1 and older can't
handle that checksum (yet).
We now use a createrepo option to use sha1 again for older repos,
so things should work again for all freshly created build service
repositories.

Michael, it looks, like it's not enough. Unfortunately, it damaged more
repos than expected.

From a cursory lookup, _after_ resolving the repos I maintain myself, I
still suffer from these damaged repos for now:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/STABLE:/Desktop/openSUSE_11.1/
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/Factory:/Desktop/openSUSE_11.1/
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/devel:/tools/openSUSE_11.1/
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/devel:/languages:/python/openSUSE_11.1/

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/openSUSE:/Tools:/Unstable/openSUSE_11.1/
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/server:/monitoring/openSUSE_11.1/
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/server:/mail/openSUSE_11.1/
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/system:/packagemanager/openSUSE_11.1/

They look good to me. what error do you see ?

Sorry for the inconvenience.

This isn't an simple inconvenience. It's grown to a large scale denial of
update service thread, and those of us who suffer from this might have to
wait for weeks, until some packages _with differences_¹ are build by chance
in all these damaged repos.

Please discuss that with upstream yum repo people and people who wrote package
managers not alligning the specification. We are just the users here.

bye
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH