Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: [opensuse] Re: Zypper data probably corrupted, how to re-create?
  • From: "Hans-Peter Jansen" <hpj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 23:12:07 +0200
On Wednesday 21 April 2010, 10:48:50 Michael Schroeder wrote:
On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 11:07:59PM +0200, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
History:
- 'repo2solv.sh' '-o' '/var/cache/zypp/solv/KDE_KDE3/solv'
'/var/cache/zypp/raw/KDE_KDE3' Unknown checksum type: 8: sha256

Oops, we updated the createrepo package on the build service host
to use some new features, and now all of the repos use sha256 checksums
instead of sha1. Unfortunatelly libzypp in 11.1 and older can't
handle that checksum (yet).
We now use a createrepo option to use sha1 again for older repos,
so things should work again for all freshly created build service
repositories.

Michael, it looks, like it's not enough. Unfortunately, it damaged more
repos than expected.

From a cursory lookup, _after_ resolving the repos I maintain myself, I
still suffer from these damaged repos for now:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/STABLE:/Desktop/openSUSE_11.1/
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/Factory:/Desktop/openSUSE_11.1/
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/devel:/tools/openSUSE_11.1/
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/devel:/languages:/python/openSUSE_11.1/

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/openSUSE:/Tools:/Unstable/openSUSE_11.1/
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/server:/monitoring/openSUSE_11.1/
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/server:/mail/openSUSE_11.1/
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/system:/packagemanager/openSUSE_11.1/

Sorry for the inconvenience.

This isn't an simple inconvenience. It's grown to a large scale denial of
update service thread, and those of us who suffer from this might have to
wait for weeks, until some packages _with differences_¹ are build by chance
in all these damaged repos.

Those of us, who are using the build service heavily, are even punished
harder: we need to do "zypper dup" all the time to get really all updated
packages, and it's not unusual, that the update list is huge. Now if you're
not _really_ careful, you're going to shot yourself in both knees: all
packages from damaged repos get downgraded to the basic repos. Needless to
say, that this will damage the build service reputation as a whole for
quite some time..

Hence, fix this as soon as possible please or give me a shell account with
access to all repos and I'm going to fix it with an ad hoc script this
night.

Thanks,
Pete

¹) which is a feature, as Adrian noted, but one that's biting us now..