Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-buildservice (348 mails)
|< Previous||Next >|
[opensuse-buildservice] openSUSE Build Service (OBS) 1.7.3 released
- From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 16:11:46 +0200
- Message-id: <201004211611.46721.adrian@xxxxxxx>
The Build Service Team is proud to release the version 1.7.3 of OBS.
It is recommended to update to this version for everybody who is running
an own OBS instance.
Instances which re-use resources from build.opensuse.org instance are
*required* to update to support the new required "rpm-md-legacy" repository
mode. Publishing repositories for older distributions will fail otherwise.
You can as usual get the OBS Appliance here:
Packages in openSUSE:Tools project:
And sources in gitorious.org 1.7 branch:
Thanks a lot to all who have provided code and feedback.
Updaters from 1.7 release can just update the packages and restart
Updaters from earlier releases require manual steps afterwards,
please check the README.UPDATERS file for details.
Changes since 1.7.2 release
* kiwi image building:
Used repositories to setup the system used to run kiwi is now
defined via path elements in the repository definition.
Repositories from kiwi file are used if no path is defined
(the former behaviour).
* Products get built with repoid tag to identify them via repo meta.
* OBS interconnect projects are not showing package and repository handles
in webui anymore.
* Better scheduler efficiency on project meta changes
* OBS name gets transported over OBS interconnect now
* support new repository type "rpm-md-legacy" to create repositories
for older distributions with current "createrepo" tool.
* build is using virtio for KVM in the Appliance now
* Do not allow to create packages with illegal names
* various OBS interconnect fixes
* LDAP fixes:
- unbind ldap connections after use
- optionally disable ldap referrals (necessary for Windows 2003 AD)
- retrieve all attributes when searching
- properly access LDAP_NAME_ATTR attribute
* OBS Appliance: repository URL is working now
* fixes in bs_admin --check-deep-project
* Improved error messages
* Fixed runlevel script dependencies for multi server setup
SUSE Linux Products GmbH
To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse-buildservice+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse-buildservice+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx
|< Previous||Next >|