[opensuse-buildservice] Build Team Meeting
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 11:52:59 +0200

present: cwh, mls, tschmidt, adrian, freitag

* Status round
* expansion error -> dependency error
* 1.7.3 release
* MeeGo meeting
* OBS Downtime

Status round

* kiwi implementation for driver update disk is complete, waiting
for validation by Scott.
* has quite some ideas to improve current kiwi product code, need
testsuite before to work on that.

* Supporting kiwi image builds for repos without kiwi.
=> will be part of 1.7.3 release

* added "branch" functionality to webui, similar look at
* rewrote "Add repository" page
- "simple page" gets the list from the api now
* Lots of bugfixing together with coolo
* Improved project status page again
* layout and icon changes

Please test and give feedback!

* prepare 1.7.3 release
* try to get source service working within lxc for build.o.o
=> minimal goal is to support file download
* Real Names get updated now based on iChain data
* added "signing" state for packages, helpfull when signing service
has trouble.

* removing accounts from Hermes with invalid account names.
* Thinking about how to handle user database of hermes together with OBS.

expansion error -> dependency error

Discussion about to rename "expansion error" to "dependency error".
We think that this would be a better understandable name.

Any opinions ?

1.7.3 release

Current 1.7 branch is rolled in openSUSE:Tools project. Will be published
this week.

MeeGo meeting

LinuxFoundation, Intel, Nokia and SUSE/Novell had OBS developer meeting
in Nuernberg.

Details were sent around earlier:

OBS Downtime

SAN connection failure lead to downtime 12hours ago. We still have broken
on disk data due lack of data journaling, which we are currently repairing.

Everything is working, except scheduling might take longer.

Adrian Schroeter
SUSE Linux Products GmbH