Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Cross-compile Windows software
  • From: Hib Eris <hib@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 08:16:19 +0200
Hi,

On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 4:36 AM, Pau Garcia i Quiles
<pgquiles@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

Is it possible to cross-compile Windows software using MinGW?

Yes it is, the windows:mingw project does this for a lot of packages. See:

https://build.opensuse.org/project/show?project=windows%3Amingw%3Awin32

How
(should I create a source RPM to fire the build?

As with each other build on the build service you just write a .spec file.

should a .msi or NSIS
.exe installer be created?

You do not have to create one, but you can. I build the msi installer
for Evince in my home project,

https://build.opensuse.org/project/show?project=home%3Ahiberis

will it be made available in the
repository?)

You can make it available in the repository, but unfortunately,
currently the build service only supports rpm and deb packages. As a
consequence, all files that you create can only be published inside an
rpm/deb. See for example my Evince msi installer package, which is an
rpm file containing only one file: the msi installer:

http://software.opensuse.org/search?baseproject=openSUSE%3A11.2&p=1&q=evince+msi

Hib