Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Developement and Production
  • From: Andrew Heagle <andrew@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 22:17:30 -0400
On Thursday 08 April 2010 21:14:50 Thomas Schmidt wrote:
On 04/09/2010 02:59 AM, Andrew Heagle wrote:

Yes, sorry. The second one. Build packages in development and then move
them to production. So, if I had 2 servers, one for dev and one for prod,
to move a package from dev to prod, one would have to checkout/download
the project/package from the dev instance and then checkin/upload it to
the one in the production instance? Or are there some options in osc
where you can do this in one shot?

The easiest way to do this is having different projects in your production
system like Christian described.
For example we have the openSUSE:Tools:Unstable project where we build
snapshot packages from our code in development, and the openSUSE:Tools
project where the final releases are build.

Thanks for your help. I will use it in this way.

Andrew