Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Developement and Production
  • From: Christian <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 21:28:26 +0000
Hi Andrew,

what do you want to achieve ?
1) do you want to contribute to obs itself ?

2) or do you want to have "different" versions of a package
a) one for production
b) one for development

for 2) you can have:
Project: MySoftPrj which has "stable packages"
Then you create e.g. a sub project "MySoftPrj:dev" and all packages
MySoftPrj:dev are links or branches to MySoftPrj

Kind Regards
Chris

Andrew Heagle schrieb:
Hi,

I just recently got the build service working in our environment. I had
configured it to use a "production" environment.

Now that we have started to use it, it became clear that we would need a
"development" environment as well.

I tried following the same steps for "development" as I did for "production",
on the same host, but it doesn't seem to quite work. When I go to
development,
I see all the production stuff. I am guessing that is because the file paths
are
the same.

So, my question is, is it recommended to have a different server for
production
and development, or can they reside on the same server? If they can reside on
the same server, how do you configure this?

Also, when you have an environment for development and production, how do you
promote from dev to prod? Would someone just checkout the project from dev,
and then check it into prod? or is there some other way to promote it?

Thanks,
Andrew