Re: [opensuse-buildservice] F12 kernel compile errors
  • From: Ludwig Nussel <ludwig.nussel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 10:07:10 +0200
Enor MOZ wrote:
Hello,
I am trying to compile a F12 kernel via OBS. Here is my build log
http://pastie.org/904842 . I am getting several "Warning: spec file
parser line 462: can't expand %(...)" messages. It then fails later
with "ERROR: Patch linux-2.6-build-nonintconfig.
patch not listed as a source patch in specfile". If I comment out the
part that checks for that patch it compile but does not display the
"buildid" when finished.

You mean the package doesn't have the buildid in it's Release tag?
That's because the build service substitutes Release tags in the
spec file,
see your build log:
I have the following modifications for kernel.spec:
489c489
< Release: %{pkg_release}
---
Release: 79.1

I believe this is due to the "can't expand"
warning earlier since the "buildid" is called with a macro that cant
expand.

That expansion error is normally only a problem if it affects build
dependencies. The build service needs to determine them before the
actual build and can't execute arbitrary shell code to do that of
course.

cu
Ludwig

--