Re: [opensuse-buildservice] local obs behind a proxy
On 2010-03-25 18:19:38 +0100, Michael Schroeder wrote:
On 2010-03-24 14:33:01 +0100, Christian wrote:
I want to use the 'remoturl' feature. (added PRJ openSUSE.org)
And my local obs is not able to connect to 'api.opensuse.org' directly.
Access to internet is only allowed via proxy (e.g. squid)

So is there a possibility to tell obs to use a '$http_proxy' ?

I just wrote a small patch which adds basic http proxy support to the
backend. To enable it add 'our $proxy = "http://<ip>:<port>";' to the
BSConfig.pm file. Afterwards all remoteurl requests will be sent to
proxy.
The current implementation doesn't support proxy-authorization yet
but it should be trivial to implement it (before concentrating on
those details I want to know if the current code is ok:) ).

Feedback, remarks, objections etc. are always welcome:)

- I would prefer a proxy setting for each remote host, but maybe
there's no real life use case for it.
Ok.

- I don't like your BSWatcher changes, that looks pretty hackish ;-)

Hehe yes I was unsure how to implement it. The initial idea was to
add something like a "rpc_proxy_connect_send" and a
"rpc_proxy_connect_recv" handler but then I realized that this would
lead to some code "duplication" (or we move some parts of
"rpc_recv_handler" and "rpc_send_handler" into new functions).
At least in the SSL case we need one handler for writing the CONNECT
and another one for reading the response because all other approaches
would be contrary to the "non-blocking" strategy in BSWatcher or am
I wrong?

Marcus