Re: [opensuse-buildservice] local obs behind a proxy
  • From: Petit Eric <surfzoid@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 18:34:35 +0100
Perhap's it's time to write a nice perl GUI to setup and check param
of OBS :-) (i don't speak perl)

On 2010-03-24 15:56:25 +0000, John Beranek wrote:
On 24/03/10 13:37, Petit Eric wrote:
oups forgot the list :
"Hi
Very wired, when i wrote MonoOSC, some user ask me to add proxy
(client side) feature, so i guess OBS support proxy ?"

Works here with 'https_proxy' and 'http_proxy' set. An older version of
osc used to delete these env variables assuming that urllib2 didn't
support proxies (and I had locally modified osc to remove this code),
but this seems to no longer be the case.

Chris is *not* talking about the client side.
he is talking about proxy support in the obs backend code, which is
written in perl.

My suggestion: tsocks

It may be sort of involved to set up, but tsocks is a transparent socks
forwarder. It intercepts socket calls and transparently forwards the
connection
via a socks proxy. I have had success using tsocks to forward both 'osc' as
well as 'git' and a few other network things. I think it would likely work ok
with the obs server, just modify the init scripts for the services. You can
test your setup with osc before modifying the server bits.

Getting a socks proxy is the difficult part. My personal solution is to use an
ssh tunnel and the built-in socks proxy support in ssh.

--
Michael

--
Cordially.

windows take you more($), Linux give you more!!
Political Power cannot be wisdom!

Small Eric Quotations of the days: