[opensuse-buildservice] osc scripting
  • From: Troy Telford <ttelford.groups@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 15:02:51 -0600
This is for a private OBS, but I don't think it really matters that it's
private...

I'm trying to write a script that will generate a tarball from a source
repository (ie. git archive --format=tar <branch> | bzip2 > foo.tar.bz2), and
then commit the new changes into OBS. Naturally, I'd like to move the commit
message from git into the commit for OBS.

I know that:

will commit the file into the package as desired, but I believe this doesn't
allow for commit messages to be appended. I'd like to have some sort of
corollation between the source repository and OBS's repository.

Would I then need to follow with:
to get the commit message in.

I figure somebody's already tried this before, and thought I'd ping the list
and see what I need to do.

Thanks.