Re: [opensuse-buildservice] "Build Status unavailable"
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 21:33:18 +0100
Am Freitag, 19. März 2010 21:28:54 schrieb Abel Alfonso Firvida Donestevez:
On Fri, 2010-03-19 at 20:56 +0100, Adrian Schröter wrote:
Am Freitag, 19. März 2010 19:31:58 schrieb Abel Alfonso Firvida Donestevez:
Hello:

After two days trying I have installed the OBS Appliance on a local
server, and I got it working perfectly but it doesn't build packages. I
always get the "Build Status unavailable" message. I check into the
appliance and there is no gcc or any other compiler.

My question is: Do I have to install anything else?
If so, where I can find it ?

hard to say with these information. You have activated the the remote
interconnect ?
schedulers are running ?

Schedulers are running fine.
Did obs depends on the internet connection tu build the software ?
I thought that I could be able to build software with obs on my local
server without any connection to build.opensuse.org.

That is possible, but than you need to import the base distributions manually.

I´ve done everything that wiki says about install the obs appliance. all
the services started with succeeds status. I can get into webclient and
create projects and packages assign repos. the only thing my local obs
don't do is to build. And I think I'm missing something, like install
compilers or another software

Yes, either that or click on the "Setup OBS" link in webui, to setup
a interconnect to api.opensuse.org. Your instance will than download and
cache all needed packages automatically.

SUSE Linux Products GmbH