Re: [opensuse-buildservice] How to access OBS from behind a proxy (used to work)?
  • From: Richard Bos <rbos@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 10:43:12 +0100
On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 09:52:44AM +0100, Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
On 3/18/2010 at 9:42, Richard Bos <rbos@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
What's needed to access OBS again from behind proxy??

Those entire workaround things are no longer needed if you run a recent
enough python and urllib2 (python 2.6 is what is checked in osc). At very
first I had to change my conf.py (as python got updated before osc new about
it)... check conf.py in the osc installation folder (you can easily find
it using rpm -ql osc) and search for "if 'https_proxy' in os.environ:" . In
older versions of osc this was unconditionally done... latest ones do it
only with python < 2.6. If it's unconditional in your version, you should
either:
a) upgrade osc. You will love it
b) comment out the deletion of the environment variable.

In both cases (again: with python 2.6 running), you can do:

export http_proxy=http://ip.proxy.com:3128
export https_proxy=$http_proxy

Thanks, this (the export of variables) made it work. I had to
change the url in the file $PWD/.osc/_apiurl to make it work
completely.

--
Richard