Re: [opensuse-buildservice] fedora's mock and opensuse's build
  • From: Michal Vyskocil <mvyskocil@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 09:15:27 +0100
On Wednesday 17 March 2010 08:51:35 pm Robert Xu wrote:
On 2010-03-11 11:34:06 -0500, Robert Xu wrote:
What is the difference between fedora's mock and opensuse's build? I
know that they both build RPMs, and they're written in different
languages.
But how come I can build my bzip2 spec file on mock and not build?
Does build do something different that might have caused this?

if you could tell us the problem you see, we might tell you why.

darix

Sorry for the late reply.

For example, I can build a Fedora 12 gcc SRPM with mock for Fedora 12
i686, but I can't do the same with build. And also, it seems that the
obs cannot resolve dependencies that have file paths, like it'll say
something's broken if the dependency is /bin/someprog.

And for which distribution you build the gcc? If for openSUSE it's not a
big surprise it does not work. Can you cut&paste the command and an
error output?

I built it for the Fedora 12 dist.

Using a fresh gcc SRPM straight from the repo:

i586:

checking for g++... no
checking for c++... no
checking for gpp... no
checking for aCC... no
checking for CC... no
checking for cxx... no
checking for cc++... no
checking for cl... no
checking for FCC... no
checking for KCC... no
checking for RCC... no
checking for xlC_r... no
checking for xlC... no
checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... no
checking whether g++ accepts -g... no
checking for gnatbind... gnatbind
checking for gnatmake... gnatmake
checking whether compiler driver understands Ada... no
checking how to compare bootstrapped objects... cmp
--ignore-initial=16 $$f1 $$f2
checking for correct version of gmp.h... yes
checking for correct version of mpfr.h... yes
checking for version 0.10 of PPL... yes
checking for correct version of CLooG... yes
configure: error: GNAT is required to build ada
error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.MOfqJN (%build)

You don't gave ada compiler installed (it's gcc-ada in openSUSE). Needs to
find why it's missing. Do you have /var/tmp/build-root/usr/bin/gnat? Is it in
BuildRequires?

x86_64:

expansion error:
nothing provides glibc(x86-32), nothing provides glibc-devel(x86-32)

Looks like you try to build 32bit package on 64bit system - probably the 32bit
packages are not imported into Fedora repo in BuildService - or maybe the
system of building of those packages is different in Fedora than in openSUSE.
Sorry I don't know anything about it.

Basically rebuild of Fedora package in BuildService might work, but as it's
not widely used, there are sharp corners and build of gcc is not the easiest
job you can start with. I propose you to start with something simpler, so
you'll learn more about OBS and using of it for Fedora.

Regards
Michal Vyskocil