Re: [opensuse-buildservice] fedora's mock and opensuse's build
  • From: Robert Xu <robxu9@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 15:51:35 -0400
On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 09:16, Michal Vyskocil <mvyskocil@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2010-03-11 11:34:06 -0500, Robert Xu wrote:
What is the difference between fedora's mock and opensuse's build? I
know that they both build RPMs, and they're written in different
languages.
But how come I can build my bzip2 spec file on mock and not build?
Does build do something different that might have caused this?

if you could tell us the problem you see, we might tell you why.

   darix

Sorry for the late reply.

For example, I can build a Fedora 12 gcc SRPM with mock for Fedora 12
i686, but I can't do the same with build. And also, it seems that the
obs cannot resolve dependencies that have file paths, like it'll say
something's broken if the dependency is /bin/someprog.

And for which distribution you build the gcc? If for openSUSE it's not a big
surprise it does not work. Can you cut&paste the command and an error output?

I built it for the Fedora 12 dist.

Using a fresh gcc SRPM straight from the repo:

i586:

checking for g++... no
checking for c++... no
checking for gpp... no
checking for aCC... no
checking for CC... no
checking for cxx... no
checking for cc++... no
checking for cl... no
checking for FCC... no
checking for KCC... no
checking for RCC... no
checking for xlC_r... no
checking for xlC... no
checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... no
checking whether g++ accepts -g... no
checking for gnatbind... gnatbind
checking for gnatmake... gnatmake
checking whether compiler driver understands Ada... no
checking how to compare bootstrapped objects... cmp
--ignore-initial=16 $$f1 $$f2
checking for correct version of gmp.h... yes
checking for correct version of mpfr.h... yes
checking for version 0.10 of PPL... yes
checking for correct version of CLooG... yes
configure: error: GNAT is required to build ada
error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.MOfqJN (%build)

x86_64:

expansion error:
nothing provides glibc(x86-32), nothing provides glibc-devel(x86-32)

Regards
Michal Vyskocil

--
Cya Later,