Re: [opensuse-buildservice] fedora's mock and opensuse's build
  • From: Michal Vyskocil <mvyskocil@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 14:16:41 +0100
On 2010-03-11 11:34:06 -0500, Robert Xu wrote:
What is the difference between fedora's mock and opensuse's build? I
know that they both build RPMs, and they're written in different
languages.
But how come I can build my bzip2 spec file on mock and not build?
Does build do something different that might have caused this?

if you could tell us the problem you see, we might tell you why.

darix

Sorry for the late reply.

For example, I can build a Fedora 12 gcc SRPM with mock for Fedora 12
i686, but I can't do the same with build. And also, it seems that the
obs cannot resolve dependencies that have file paths, like it'll say
something's broken if the dependency is /bin/someprog.

And for which distribution you build the gcc? If for openSUSE it's not a big
surprise it does not work. Can you cut&paste the command and an error output?

Regards
Michal Vyskocil