Re: [opensuse-buildservice] 32bit packages in x86_64, for CentOS
  • From: Jon Nelson <jnelson-suse@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 19:47:44 -0500
On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 7:41 PM, Douglas Hubler <douglas@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 1:27 PM, Jon Nelson <jnelson-suse@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
How might I specify in a specfile that I want to be able to use gcc
-m32, but in an x86_64 repo. Is such a thing even possible?
This is for CentOS 5.

if it's a flag to the compiler, then in the %configure line (assuming
you're using autoconf) then add

%ifarch x86_64
 %configure CXXFLAGS=-m32 CFLAGS=-m32
%else
 %configure
%endif

Upon reading this, I realize - I asked the wrong question! Your
answer is perfect, but I had already solved that problem. The problem
is, when I use -m32 gcc can't (on x86_64) find 32 bit support -
presumably due to missing packages. Which packages do I specify?
CentOS uses the (horrible, IMO) same-name-different-arch system which
causes no end of confusion and trouble. I want to specify, "I need
glibc but for 32 bit" but I don't seem to be able to specify it. The
.i386 glibc package doesn't even provide glibc(x86-32). Thoughts?

--
Jon