Re: [opensuse-buildservice] osc build and local (partial) mirror
The -p/--prefer-pkgs is a much stronger statement than just: get the
packages from this location. It says uses this file to fulfill any
requires for capabilities this file provides. (Scanning the files for
Provides and Requires is why it takes so long.) If you just what the
NFS space to act as a cache, then just symlink the specific file into
your package-cache location that's defined in ~/.oscrc.

If you want to speed up the scanning of NFS, there's a patch I made that
understands the XML files created by createrepo that you could use to
scan the NFS space with createrepo (on the NFS server) and then my patch
will find the repodata directory and consume the data from the XML
instead of scanning each rpm file. I know Adrian accepted the patch,
but I don't know if the osc you are using has the change in it.