Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Linking repositories
  • From: "Srinidhi B" <srinidhi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2010 22:13:27 -0700
Hi,

On 3/8/2010 at 09:24 AM, Ciro Iriarte <cyruspy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi, how can I link a repository to use the packages from it at build
time of one of my packages?. Link package by package implies that it's
rebuilt for my repository and that's not what I want.

I'm using the web interface (http://build.opensuse.org).

You'll have to use the command line client 'osc' for this. Run "osc meta prj
<your-projectname>" and add a path line under your existing <repository> entry.
Something like this:

<path repository="{Repository}" project="{ProjectName}"/>

Replace {Repository} and {ProjectName} with the corresponding repository and
project name of the project from where you would want packages to be picked up
at build time.

Look at the second example provided at:

http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/Tips_and_Tricks#Adding_multiple_repositories_to_a_project

HTH,
Srinidhi.

By the way, disabling the build of a package in my repo gives some weird
errors:

Package Flags ERROR validation failed, output:
/tmp/opensuse_frontend_validator
20100308-14900-11j4szl-0:48: element publish: Schemas validity
error : Element 'publish': This element is not expected. Expected is (
bcntsynctag ).
/tmp/opensuse_frontend_validator20100308-14900-11j4szl-0 fails to validate

Regards,

--
Ciro Iriarte
http://cyruspy.wordpress.com