Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Invalid cross-device link
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 22:39:54 +0100
Am Dienstag, 2. März 2010 22:12:57 schrieb Troy Telford:
I'm running a local OBS (1.7.1). I have the /srv/obs/build directory tree
mounted via NFS. (Disk space issues).

When a package build finishes, I'm seeing this error in the scheduler log:

rename /srv/obs/jobs/<arch>/<project+pkg+distro>/package.src.rpm
(and similar for <arch>.rpm)

I can see why there's a cross-device link: /srv/obs/job isn't the same
device
as /srv/obs/build.

it tries to hard link from /src/obs/jobs to /build to /repos.

But is there any reason why this has to fail? I know in
previous releases of OBS, this wasn't an issue... I realize a copy between
filesystems is far more expensive than a move within the same FS, but why
does
it break outright?

it was always an issue. We have since a long time.

If I simply set the entire /srv/obs dir to be mounted via NFS, I run into
file
locking issues (at least I think I am - dmesg mentions that it can't get an
NFS lock)

So is there a new set of constraints on the disk layout in the newer versions
of OBS (last I used was 1.5.x), or am I missing something else?

seriously, don't use NFS. never.

Designing OBS without NFS due to all kind of problems was one of our first rules
we defined.

SUSE Linux Products GmbH