Re: [opensuse-buildservice] How do I join the build service irc channel
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 11:50:01 +0100
Am Donnerstag, 18. Februar 2010 11:29:46 schrieb Dave Plater:
On 02/17/2010 01:14 PM, Adrian Schröter wrote:
Am Mittwoch, 17. Februar 2010 11:31:50 schrieb Dave Plater:

Hi, I'm busy trouble shooting a build problem liypond has started having
with building in the openSUSE:Factory:Contrib standard repos and my
home:plater:branches:openSUSE:Factory:Contrib lilypond package is locked
in "broken: conflict in file lilypond.spec". The build problem is caused
by ImageMagick
<https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=ImageMagick&project=home%3Aplater>
but lilypond build successfully with ImageMagick
<https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=ImageMagick&project=home%3Aplater>
linked into the branch project. I don't like to leave lilypond in this
state and I need the branch project to fix it.
I should imagine the irc is the best way to get this problem fixed but
I've lost all my old irc data somewhere along the way and can't seem to
connect.

There is a link on build.opensuse.org

irc://irc.opensuse.org/opensuse-buildservice

basically freenode network and #opensuse-buildservice channel.

However, this is for OBS development, packaging issues might better
discussed on

#opensuse-packaging

Thanks
Dave P

This wasn't a packaging issue, it was about "broken: conflict in file
lilypond.spec" which I still isn't fixed but meanwhile I've resolved the
packaging issue privately with the maintainer of the package that caused
the problem, factory had broken his package. I still get problems with
checking in from working copies, I had one this morning trying to
checkin a spec file to multimedia:apps rosegarden4 after I had submitted
and accepted from my home project (not a branch but a stand alone
package with no links). I've posted a few other problems on this list
and have been ignored so I thought irc might be the better way to go.
I'm a community member maintaining a couple of packages for free and I
have a limited amount of time, in fact I should be out earning bread at
this moment but instead I'm writing this email. I can get by by working
around broken thing in build service but sometimes this involves
deleting a package and recreating it, this uses bandwidth which costs
money so I'm actually paying for the privilege of maintaining popular
packages that may have been dropped from the distro.
Should I ignore the problems I get and simply work around them or what
should I do?

well, if there are conflicts they need to get solved manually in some way.
If a merge works without conflicts it just is done by the server.

Since we use "branches" meanwhile by default, you can solve these conflicts
usually
with "osc pull; fix stuff; osc resolved $file" .

But without a croncrete problem we can hardly help here.

bye
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH