Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Request to define two new attributes
  • From: Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 10:42:20 +0100
Le lundi 01 février 2010, à 08:46 +0100, Adrian Schröter a écrit :
Am Sonntag, 31. Januar 2010 14:54:01 schrieb Vincent Untz:
Hi,

To make it possible to know when a package could be updated to a new
upstream version, I'd like to have two new attributes:

+ OBS:UpstreamVersion - would contain the latest upstream version for
the upstream module

Hm, if this is something, which is only happening at the .opensuse.org
instance (because the support for this is not integrated into OBS), it should
be for example

openSUSE:UpstreamVersion

instead.

(Everything in OBS: is delivered with the OBS server itself and may be used
by its tools (osc, webui, api)).

Ah okay, fine with me :-)

+ OBS:UpstreamTarballURL - would contain the URL of the latest upstream
tarball

That is the thing (as mentioned before), which should go into the _service
stuff. In that way we actually know that the server has downloaded it from
there (helpfull during review).

I thought about it and my conclusion was that it would probably affect
performance if we want to use the URL in the status page: we need to
fetch the data for all packages in a project.

Another point, but minor, is that I'm unsure it's useful to put the URL
there if it's not the tarball currently used to build the package. The
goal of the attribute would be to have the URL of the new unpackaged
version from upstream.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.