[opensuse-buildservice] OBS DoS caused by a broken package
  • From: Lubos Lunak <l.lunak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2010 23:53:59 +0100

Hello,

right now the OBS is mostly idle, trying to repeatedly build
home:prusnak:scout/scout. The full log I managed to capture is at
http://pastebin.ca/1773632, the interesting parts seem to be:
=====
preinstalling bash...
preinstalling libreadline6...
/bin/bash: error while loading shared libraries: libreadline.so.5: cannot open
=====

I'm not sure why exactly this got broken, but home:prusnak:scout includes
also a bash package, so I assume the preinstall somehow used packages also
from there, and it got somehow messed up.

The real problem however is that the OBS was repeatedly trying to dispatch
this build, it failed almost immediately and the OBS retried again, and
again, and again. It managed to dispatch about 1 other build per minute.

I think this is a consequence of the recent fix that retries builds that
failed because of the build host itself instead of the package. Would it be
possible to adjust it so that such failed builds are put at the end of the
queue instead of being handled again right away?

--
Lubos Lunak
openSUSE Boosters team, KDE developer