RE: [opensuse-buildservice] %{?dist} in obs
  • From: <Michael_E_Brown@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 15:53:46 -0600
That works just fine. As long as you have it in the prjconf with the doubled-up
'%', it will do whatever you want:

Given example rpm:
name: foo
version: 1.0

checkin count = 42
build count = 3

with Prjconf:

Release: 1%%{?dist}
== foo-1.0-1.dist

Release: 123.<CI_CNT>%%dist
== foo-1.0-123.42.dist

Release: 42
== foo-1.0-42

etc. You should see the pattern. The key is that you have to %% or else
%{?dist} gets evaluated *before* it is substituted into the SPEC file, which
ends up being a nil string.
--
Michael