Re: [opensuse-buildservice] osc spikes CPU when downloading kernel-source
On 2010-01-11 19:51:22 +0100, Marcus Hüwe wrote:
On 2010-01-11 09:20:27 -0600, Luke Imhoff wrote:
I've been testing out 0.123 before we deploy it internally and I've
noticed a problem when kernel-source is downloaded from our internal
server: Once the download reaches 100%, osc freezes and top reports it
sitting at near 100% of the cpu. I've narrowed this down to something
PackageQuery is doing when reading the rpm.part file for rpm fields
(osc/fetch.py:96). Is this performance issue a known bug?

By default rpmquery.py reads all tags + data which can take some time
(e.g. if you have lots of files in the package). So we just have to
limit the read() method to some default tags like name, release, arch
etc. if no other tags are needed/specified. I'm going to fix this
ASAP. Thanks for the report!

I just committed a fix for it to git master.

Marcus