Re: [opensuse-buildservice] release numbering
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 13:25:01 +0100
Am Dienstag, 15. Dezember 2009 13:17:37 schrieb Luke Imhoff:
The release number generated by OBS contains too numbers, checkin_count
and build_count. checkin_count is only incremented when a commit is
made to an OBS package, the build_count is incremented for any rebuild
of that checkin_count. The default format for the replacement of the
Release line of the spec can be altered by adding a

Release: <CI_CNT>.<B_CNT>

tag to the prjconf meta data for the project in which your package is
building. It would be helpful to now your project/package so we could
look at your specific log files.

Yes, but this should not be needed to touch (and you can even cause problems
here).

However, is it important for you to set the number to keep two independend
builds in sync ? We have a special feature for that. You can rename your sync
tag, so for example package X and Y use the same tag Z, which means the build
numbers (B_CNT) are always kept in sync. You can see an example in

osc meta pkg openSUSE:Factory glibc.i686

which is enforced to keep in sync with glibc package.

You need also to keep the CI_CNT in sync. This can be specified in source
links, just check the link in that package as well

osc cat openSUSE:Factory glibc.i686 _link

the cicount="copy" parameter is doing this.

bye
adrian