Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Glibc disappears - project building falls apart
  • From: Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 21:51:16 +0100 (CET)

On 2009-12-14 21:15:14 +0100, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
I had a change in home:jengelh:Base:System/glibc, whose submitrequest
got accepted. As a result, glibc was removed from the project space -
and that looks like a reasonable thing to do. The bad side effect
however is that all the other packages have a dependency on that glibc.
Since the latter is gone, there is an expansion error. I am not sure why
it does not use /Base:System's glibc again after mine got removed.
Could someone please investigate and/or reset the metadata?

i guess you are using a recent osc:
osc help sr | grep no
--no-update never touch source package on accept (will break
--no-cleanup never remove source package on accept, but update its

to get it back you can just osc linkpac from Base:System. when your SR
was accepted it should match your copy of the glibc.

Did linkpac now, but nothing really changed - home:jengelh:Base:System/glibc
itself
gets an expansion error:

nothing provides libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.11)(64bit) needed by coreutils
nothing provides libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.11)(64bit) needed by bash
nothing provides libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.11)(64bit) needed by libreadline6

There is no way out of this circular dependency.

Jan