Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Glibc disappears - project building falls apart
  • From: Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 21:29:58 +0100 (CET)

On 2009-12-14 21:15:14 +0100, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
I had a change in home:jengelh:Base:System/glibc, whose submitrequest
got accepted. As a result, glibc was removed from the project space -
and that looks like a reasonable thing to do. The bad side effect
however is that all the other packages have a dependency on that glibc.
Since the latter is gone, there is an expansion error. I am not sure why
it does not use /Base:System's glibc again after mine got removed.
Could someone please investigate and/or reset the metadata?

i guess you are using a recent osc:
osc help sr | grep no
--no-update never touch source package on accept (will break
--no-cleanup never remove source package on accept, but update its

to get it back you can just osc linkpac from Base:System. when your SR
was accepted it should match your copy of the glibc.

Ideally however, I prefer that packages remain gone when they have been
accepted (that way it does not clutter up on my side).
Can this be done without reimporting any package?
(I might reimport glibc just to fix this momentarily, but the
question still stands.)

thanks,
Jan