Re: [opensuse-buildservice] more recent version of Java / binary RPMs distributed through OBS?
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 08:27:45 +0100
Am Sonntag, 13. Dezember 2009 22:24:31 schrieb Nicholas Tung:
Hi all,

Would it be possible to get a more recent version of Java on OBS?
The latest OpenJDK (1.7.0-ea-b77) is the only JRE which both doesn't
crash with Eclipse, and doesn't crash when compiling. (for me; I'm
keeping my fingers crossed though, I'll probably run into another bug
sooner than later).

This depends where you want to have it. In the base projects (which hosts the
distributions) we don't touch any package after release anymore.

If you speak about the Java: project, it is better to ask the maintainers
directly. They may not read this list.

If no one wants this mainstream, can someone tell me how I might
put binary RPM's (the openjdk site provides i586 and x86) on OBS? It
seems building java from source is kinda tricky.

We do not allow binary uploads, since in this way all kind of nasty stuff
could be uploaded and we actually want to guarantee that the binary comes from
the hosted source.

bye
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH