[opensuse-buildservice] more recent version of Java / binary RPMs distributed through OBS?
  • From: Nicholas Tung <ntung@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 13:24:31 -0800
Hi all,

Would it be possible to get a more recent version of Java on OBS?
The latest OpenJDK (1.7.0-ea-b77) is the only JRE which both doesn't
crash with Eclipse, and doesn't crash when compiling. (for me; I'm
keeping my fingers crossed though, I'll probably run into another bug
sooner than later).

If no one wants this mainstream, can someone tell me how I might
put binary RPM's (the openjdk site provides i586 and x86) on OBS? It
seems building java from source is kinda tricky.

Thanks much,
Nicholas — ntung at ntung — https://ntung.com