Re: [opensuse-buildservice] .deb build help -- "can not parse package name from spec file"
  • From: Nicholas Tung <ntung@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 23:22:32 -0800
On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 1:31 AM, Michael Schroeder <mls@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Dec 08, 2009 at 02:56:19PM -0800, Nicholas Tung wrote:
    I'm following the documentation at
http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/Deb_builds

    for building a .deb file. However, I keep seeing the error, "can
not parse package name from spec file". My project is here,
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=sketch-cegis&project=home:gatoatigrado1

This may be a bug in the dsc file parser, you currently must not
have empty lines in the dsc file.
I'll check the specification.

(I already fixed the error message, this is not about a "spec file".)

Cheers,
 Michael.

Thanks very much, that fixed that error. Unfortunately, I'm getting another,

dpkg-buildpackage: error: unable to determine source changed by
dpkg-buildpackage: source package sketch-backend
dpkg-buildpackage: source version 1.4.0

It would be super-awesome if obs could generate debian packaging info,
or maybe use existing tools (maybe alien).

thanks much,
Nicholas