Re: [opensuse-buildservice] help building locally
  • From: Petit Eric <surfzoid@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 10:21:43 +0100
Last week, i followed this tuto
http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/Build_Service_Installation_Tutorial/openSUSE_10.3
on 2 machines, some tweak is needed , but easy and finally my system
worked
An important step is to have all needed good RPM to start an distro
http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/Build_Service_Installation_Tutorial/openSUSE_10.3#Setup_Initial_Distributions

2009/12/5 Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>:
Am Samstag, 5. Dezember 2009 10:02:15 schrieb Nicholas Tung:
On Sat, Dec 5, 2009 at 12:59 AM, Petit Eric <surfzoid@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
as explain in the tutorial, you should keep the original path of the
distro RPM and be sure to have the good right/permission.

how did yu see : "y - yes, cleanup the build root
N - No, abort build (default on enter)"
with, osc, webclient front end or MonoOSC ?

Sorry, I'm not understanding. I have the OpenSuSE 11.2 DVD mounted at
/media/dvd (and it looks at path /media/dvd/suse).

I did select y to cleanup build root (else, it doesn't proceed).

The mentioned packages are not part of the DVD. You need either a full copy of
the ftp tree, or better use the build service.

osc build is downloading just the packages you need and for the distribution
you need.

bye
adrian

Thanks,
Nicholas

2009/12/5 Nicholas Tung <ntung@xxxxxxxxx>:
Hi all,

    I'm having trouble running $(build) locally. The error I get is,

   >>> build
logging output to /var/tmp/build-root/.build.log...
Memory limit set to 2740424KB
Using BUILD_ROOT=/var/tmp/build-root
Using BUILD_RPMS=/media/dvd/suse
Using BUILD_ARCH=x86_64:i686:i586:i486:i386

oliver started "build sketch-cegis.spec" at Sat Dec  5 00:07:26 PST
2009.

processing specfile /tmp/sketch-cegis-1.5.0SNAPSHOT/sketch-cegis.spec
... init_buildsystem /tmp/sketch-cegis-1.5.0SNAPSHOT/sketch-cegis.spec
... It seems that there was an incomplete setup of /var/tmp/build-root.
To be sure, we will build it again completely...
Your build system is broken!! Shall I execute

   rm -rf -- /var/tmp/build-root/*

y - yes, cleanup the build root
N - No, abort build (default on enter)
c - Continue anyway with this build root
[y/N/c] y
initializing /var/tmp/build-root/.srcfiles.cache ...
/usr/lib/build/createrpmdeps /media/dvd/suse
expanding package dependencies...
expansion error
 nothing provides brp-check-suse
 nothing provides post-build-checks
 nothing provides rpmlint-Factory
 nothing provides build-compare

Thanks in advance,
Nicholas — ntung at ntung —  https://ntung.com

 Cordially.

 Small Eric Quotations of the days:
--- I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious

SUSE Linux Products GmbH