Re: [opensuse-buildservice] brp-rpath fails on openSUSE 11.2 build
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 22:26:39 +0100
I have three issues with the build service.

First, when I login to my openSUSE account it puts me on some page empty
except for some animated Novell navigation menu :

https://build.opensuse.org/ICSIBroker/?""-T

Hm, never heard of that. But you are able to use it afterwards, by manual
correcting the url ?

Can you tell, if this is a new behaviour ?

Second, 'osc status' does not return anything but this warning:

WARNING: SSL certificate checks disabled. Connection is insecure!

I'm using osc-0.123 on Fedora 11. Note I had to add 'sslcertck = 0' to my
~/.oscrc file in order to make osc do anything at all.

Please try to use the beta version of the upcomming osc 0.124. It has some
extended search pathes for certificates for Fedora.

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/openSUSE:Tools:Unstable/

I want to release this one as 0.124 ASAP.

Third, and most important, is that my package build fails on openSUSE
11.1/11.2 targets with this message:

+ /usr/lib/rpm/brp-rpath
ERROR: RPATH "/usr/src/packages/BUILD/boron-0.1.0" on /var/tmp/boron-0.1.0-
build/usr/bin/boron is not allowed
ERROR: RPATH "/usr/src/packages/BUILD/boron-0.1.0" on /var/tmp/boron-0.1.0-
build/usr/bin/boron is not allowed
error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.10687 (%install)

I have no idea what this really means or how to fix it. My project does
not use any ld -rpath option, if that is the RPATH being referred to.

Somewhere there is a -rpath. Maybe some libtool or some other tool is adding
it. You have to find this and remove it. Maybe this happens only add "make
install DESTDIR=..." times.

Please note that this is really a critical security hole. With this -rpath
compiled in, every user can let every other user run his code, if this user is
starting this application. This is not something academic.

If there was ever a release as package with this inside, the users should be
notified about this ..

bye
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH