Re: [opensuse-buildservice] publishing linked packages
  • From: Petit Eric <surfzoid@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 16:43:29 +0100
Another idea/feature, could be a flag (expert) to lock/prevent other
user to link our project/pkg ?

2009/12/2 Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>:
Am Mittwoch, 2. Dezember 2009 16:13:33 schrieb Cristian Morales Vega:
2009/12/2 Wolfgang Rosenauer <wolfgang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Hi,

I've raised that issue long time ago already but there was no real
outcome IIRC.

As I'm managing a a popular repository which should be kept as stable
and reliable as possible I turning publishing off when I prepare a new
update package. I do that even before upstream released the update
officially to be able to release it at about the same time.
Now as the repo is popular there are people linking to packages from
there but in their repos publishing is not disabled and the packages
might get picked up as if they were final or whatever.

How to avoid that?

We have https://bugzilla.novell.com/440894
IMHO Dirk suggestion of automatically disabling publishing recursively
makes a lot of sense. If you are linking against another project it is
because you are compiling against libraries in there. If those
libraries aren't available to users the binaries compiled against them
should also be unavailable to users.

Yes, but it is not so easy. For example all Base projects atm have publishing
disabled, also factory. (Because they get published via the products)...

But I will think about that again once I have finally added the repository
state handling ...

SUSE Linux Products GmbH

Cordially.

Small Eric Quotations of the days: