Re: [opensuse-buildservice] publishing linked packages
  • From: Petit Eric <surfzoid@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 15:54:19 +0100
Just an idea, but since the package is unstable, could you simply add
Unstable, beta or svn in your release version number and then , when
package are stable, remove that ?

2009/12/2 Wolfgang Rosenauer <wolfgang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
On 12/02/2009 03:24 PM, Henne Vogelsang wrote:
Wolfgang Rosenauer wrote:

Now as the repo is popular there are people linking to packages from
there but in their repos publishing is not disabled and the packages
might get picked up as if they were final or whatever.

How to avoid that?

How do you avoid that people checkout the mozilla svn and build the
package locally and then publish those on their geocities homepage.
Simple: You don't :)

Right, but in OBS it's easy to find through software.opensuse.org for
example. I don't find it critical but it's confusing users.

Wolfgang

Cordially.

Small Eric Quotations of the days: