Re: [opensuse-buildservice] publishing linked packages
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 14:09:48 +0100
Am Mittwoch, 2. Dezember 2009 14:06:42 schrieb Wolfgang Rosenauer:
Hi,

I've raised that issue long time ago already but there was no real
outcome IIRC.

As I'm managing a a popular repository which should be kept as stable
and reliable as possible I turning publishing off when I prepare a new
update package. I do that even before upstream released the update
officially to be able to release it at about the same time.
Now as the repo is popular there are people linking to packages from
there but in their repos publishing is not disabled and the packages
might get picked up as if they were final or whatever.

How to avoid that?

Well, we make everything accessable by design.

But what I would suggest in your case would be that you work with two
projects, one mozilla:STABLE and one mozilla:UNSTABLE.

You can prepare the release in unstable and submit or copy source from there
to STABLE.

Yes, still some people may link against UNSTABLE, but they should know what
they are doing than.

bye
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH