Re: [opensuse-buildservice] first draft of a dod implementation
  • From: Marcus Hüwe <suse-tux@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 23:11:03 +0100
On 2009-12-01 16:11:34 +0100, Michael Schroeder wrote:
On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 10:38:50PM +0100, Marcus Hüwe wrote:
here's a first (incomplete!) version of a patch which adds dod support to
the
backend. Before I implement the missing parts in bs_repserver I just want to
know if this is the right way to do it (especially the parts in bs_sched and
BSSolv.xs (the implementation in the repserver is just a quick hack to test
the scheduler)).
Note: currently it doesn't use the changes which were committed in r9280
because the scheduler rescans the repo directly if the repserver fetched new
packages (although this might be problem in case the build finishes before
the scheduler finishes the reposcan/processed the new event - I need to
check
if this can happen...).

I think it's ok to rely on the rescan event.

Ok.

Feedback is welcome:)

Ok, here are a couple of comments. I just glanced over the patch,
so some/most may be wrong.

1) I don't think we need both 'rpath' and 'path' as they are not
both set in the same solvable.

Hmm yes it should be possible to just work with path.

2) I think we don't need %dodprojs, we can check the 'download'
entry in projpacks.

Ok.

3) I think the updatefrombins() call will throw out all dod entries
breaking addrepo_dod

No I patched the updatefrombins() call so that it'll keep all packages
which have no bsid (the id which is calculated from the stat() call).
This way we keep the dod entries + add the additional packages from the
:full tree (so in the worst case the number of solvables is doubled).

4) the dod solvables should have a hdrid of "dododo..."

Hmm why do we need this? e.g. for the getbinaryversions() call in
bs_repserver? (at least in the scheduler this isn't needed because
when it starts to calculate the meta all hdrid's are already available)

5) hasdodurl() should be just "dodurl()", as it returns the url ;-)

:)

Thanks a lot for your comments.

Marcus