Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Prepare Git move
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 18:42:02 +0100
Am Dienstag 01 Dezember 2009 schrieb Stephan Kulow:
Hi,

I started to group the SVN paths into GIT repositories. I'm not sure what
branch we should keep and what history we can throw away (history as in
outdated tags and long ago merged branches).

Please edit http://en.opensuse.org/User:Coolo:Gitmove - note that I can
and I will rewrite history, just add a comment. E.g. if a software was
imported with a typo and then moved I will rewrite this into a git that
had the import right from the start. E.g. we should clean up

In case it's not clear: you're free to add repositories in grouping SVN paths.
Basically all I need is a repository name and an idea what paths to have in
there.

If you have only one toplevel directory (like build or osc), then the
repository will be /buildservice/src/.../osc => / and if you have more
than one toplevel directory, I will keep the toplevel directory so that
.../src/backend will be /backend and .../src/sign will be /sign

Greetings, Stephan