Re: [opensuse-buildservice] first draft of a dod implementation
  • From: Michael Schroeder <mls@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 16:11:34 +0100
On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 10:38:50PM +0100, Marcus Hüwe wrote:
here's a first (incomplete!) version of a patch which adds dod support to the
backend. Before I implement the missing parts in bs_repserver I just want to
know if this is the right way to do it (especially the parts in bs_sched and
BSSolv.xs (the implementation in the repserver is just a quick hack to test
the scheduler)).
Note: currently it doesn't use the changes which were committed in r9280
because the scheduler rescans the repo directly if the repserver fetched new
packages (although this might be problem in case the build finishes before
the scheduler finishes the reposcan/processed the new event - I need to check
if this can happen...).

I think it's ok to rely on the rescan event.

Feedback is welcome:)

Ok, here are a couple of comments. I just glanced over the patch,
so some/most may be wrong.

1) I don't think we need both 'rpath' and 'path' as they are not
both set in the same solvable.

2) I think we don't need %dodprojs, we can check the 'download'
entry in projpacks.

3) I think the updatefrombins() call will throw out all dod entries
breaking addrepo_dod

4) the dod solvables should have a hdrid of "dododo..."

5) hasdodurl() should be just "dodurl()", as it returns the url ;-)

Cheers,
Michael.

--
Michael Schroeder mls@xxxxxxx