Re: [opensuse-buildservice] distribution building
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 14:04:50 +0100
Am Montag, 30. November 2009 13:57:14 schrieb schoappied:
Adrian Schröter wrote:
Am Montag, 30. November 2009 12:57:02 schrieb schoappied:
Adrian Schröter wrote:
Am Sonntag, 29. November 2009 23:48:58 schrieb schoappied:
Adrian Schröter wrote:
Am Sonntag, 29. November 2009 17:36:52 schrieb schoappied:
Adrian Schröter wrote:
allows entire distribution and product building support,

Entire distribution support? Can you tell a bit more about this?

Have a look at the openSUSE:11.2 and openSUSE:Factory projects, they
are used to build our distribution. Esp in the "_product" package.

A bit more documentation about that is here:

http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/Concepts/Product_Definition

So you use the buildservice the same as with packaging? e.g. you build
the distribution image on the buildservice (not on your local pc)?

As with rpm building, you can do it on server or local workstation. but
the official ones are built on the server of course (also to get the
correct signing).

It's also possible to build Ubuntu images? Live, alternate, with
installer?

So far kiwi (which is used) is not supporting this.

But I hear people did make some ubuntu based distro's with the
buildservice?
This info seems contradictional...

They build all packages including the base packages (which means they
bootstrap an entire .deb based distro package wise).

but they don't use the product building features of OBS.

There are also tools in Debian/Ubuntu itself, like 'livehelper'. Is it
possible in some way to use this tool on the opensuse buildservice?

maybe

Now I need to build an image locally, and having not an amd64 that is an
issue...
Would be nice if you could build images using livehelper on
opensuse-buildservice, but I have not the technical knowledge to see if
and how this could be possible.
I think the opensuse-buildservice devs should make contact with the
livehelper devs to find this out....
http://debian-live.alioth.debian.org/

Sorry, we won't invest time here. If anyone want to add support for this it is
fine, but we have absolute no time for this.

And it would be much cleaner to extent kiwi for this btw.

bye
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH