[opensuse-buildservice] Suggestion on the 'build log view'
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 10:31:56 +0100
Good morning,

While checking some of 'my' failed packages, I came up with an idea (that could
help) in the webinterface.
Typically I use the 'build monitor' to identify failed packages, check the
buildlog and take actions.

Once in a while the identified problem is not due to the package itself but due
to buildhost errors and the 'solution' for those is to just trigger a
rebuild. Unfortunately, to do this, I have to change to the package view,
identifying the specific failed target/arch and trigger a rebuild (no need
to rebuild all archs for one failed host).

I think it could be really handy to have at the end of the build log a 'trigger
rebuild for this package / repo / arch.

An option otherwise could be to detect known build failures like:
copying packages...
reordering...done
booting XEN kernel ...
xm create -c /var/run/bsworker_16/build/xen.conf name=build:16_root memory=750
disk=phy:/dev/abuild/16_root,hda1,w
disk=phy:/dev/abuild/16_swap,hda2,w extra=quiet init=/.build/build panic=1
console=ttyS0
Using config file "/var/run/bsworker_16/build/xen.conf".
Error: Device 770 (vbd) could not be connected. Hotplug scripts not working.
argh, no buildstatus set, assuming bad build host...

and just trigger those packages again.

Any thoughts?
Dominique