[opensuse-buildservice] Debian based distros and Ubuntu 9.10 in special
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 22:30:29 +0100

Hi,

while debugging why Ubuntu 9.10 was not working in OBS, Michael and me changed
some stuff, which affects all .deb based distros.

The packages get not configured after installation anymore, but at once after
the installation(aka unpack) of all packages. And this in two attempts, since
usually some dependency cycles of the packages do not allow to configure all.

On the way I had to adapt some of the older Ubuntu and Debian project
configuration and you need a new "build" package from today out of the
openSUSE:Tools project, if you want to reproduce this behaviour on local
builds.

Since this changes all package builds for all .deb distros, I would be happy
when you report observations about behaviour changes.

As a side effect (and after fixing some more stuff) the Ubuntu:9.10 project
can be used now for package building as well :)

bye
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH